Monday, April 5, 2010

a day in the life of surfing in australia

Waves look fun Joel, lets go surfing!


I don't know Beau, they don't like us around these parts...

What was that!...I could have sworn I just saw a shark..look!

no worries mate, we'll be fine, they don't like purple.

being out there made everyone feel like a warm cookie fresh out the oven at fat camp...

you've got to be kidding me...what are those!

a friendly pack of dolphins...

Chris was ecstatic "you should have seen these things!!!"
With everyones nerves being calmed there was still one thing to worry about....

snakes.

2 comments:

Jamie Welsh Watson said...

that story made me smile.

Mal's Blog said...

Snakes....yeah. I very nearly stepped straight on top of one of these suckers this time last week after stepping out of my kayak while exploring the upper reaches of the Noosa River system. My daughter saw it and screeched so loud you could hear her back at Burleigh Heads....Oz is full of them, but I have to admit that I've never come that close to getting nailed before !